As D-Link’s 30th birthday is soon approaching (23rd June for those who didn’t know) we will be releasing a series of blog posts leading up to this significant date in D-Link’s calendar, documenting the company’s history as well as looking to the future as the company looks to grow even further.
In this blog post we’ll take things right back to the beginning and take a look at the technological advancements that D-Link has made in the last 30 years. Over this period of time the networking market has changed drastically, below are some particular highlights for D-Link:
- 1996 – Launched 1st Managed Ethernet Switch
- 2002 – Launched D-Link’s 1st Wireless IP Surveillance Camera
- 2005 – Patent for D-Link “Zone Defence Security”
- 2006 – Worlds 1st D-Link Green brand Product
- 2007 – D-Link becomes the first company in the networking industry to introduce Green Ethernet technology in its Gigabit switches.
- 2011 – 1st Cloud Camera
- 2013 – Launch of Baby Camera
- 2014 – Introduction of series of connected home products
As can be seen from the timeline, D-Link has come from relatively modest beginnings in Taiwan into an exciting global brand offering the latest network solutions.
In 2014 D-Link’s first connected home products were introduced to the market and this has been a key focus of our consumer business ever since. With D-Link’s recently launched Z-Wave range of smart home products coming to the market this year and further smart home products in the pipeline this is certainly an area of growth that D-Link will look to exploit.